Australia’s student visas are one of the most sought-after student visas in the world, being the 3rd most popular international student destinations in the world. International students from all over the world seeking to come to Australia to study in one of Australia’s many prestigious universities must apply for a Student Visa (Subclass 500).
On the Australian student visa, you will be required to study at an institution registered on the CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students), and you can study at all education levels (from primary school, to higher education and more) on the student visa in Australia. And, to be able to apply for a student visa in Australia, you must first apply for and be officially enrolled in a CRICOS-registered institution.
WHY STUDY IN AUSTRALIA?
Many international students apply for a student visa in Australia due to numerous reasons, such as:
- 8 out the top 100 universities in the world are Australian universities
- Australian universities are in the world’s top 50 rankings for Arts & Humanities, Clinical & Pre-Clinical Health, Engineering & Technology, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences and more
- High graduate employability rate with Australian universities’ amazing international reputation and global recognition
VIBRANT CITY LIFE
- 5 cities out of the world’s 30 best student-friendly cities are Australian cities, including Melbourne, which was ranked as the world’s most liveable city for 7 years straight
- Universities in Australia are located in both the bustling city and its outer suburbs, but wherever you are located in, they are all highly accessible by the public transport system
INCREDIBLE WORK OPPORTUNITIES
- People who are on student visas in Australia are entitled to 20 hour of work per week during the semester, and full-time during semester breaks
- With an Australian student visa, you can easily apply for the Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) after graduating from university, making work visas the most easily accessible from a student visa in Australia out of the top 3 international student countries (i.e. USA, UK)
WHAT SHOULD I STUDY IF I WANT TO BE AN AUSTRALIAN PR?
After coming into Australia with their Australian student visas, international students often find themselves falling in love with the country’s open-mindedness, diversity, laid-back nature and its high quality of life. This leads to many students seeking a post-study working visa that might also potentially lead to an Australian permanent residency.
Therefore, if you are looking to apply for an Australian PR after your studies here, it is useful to note that some courses have better chances than others in helping you get a PR. Other than the course being in the CRICOS list, the occupation that your course will lead to must also be in the ANZSCO occupation list.
Here are some of the courses that might lead to an occupation desired by Australia:
- Agriculture and Horticulture
- Automotive Trades
- Construction & Architecture
- Child Care
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Information Technology
Some of the visas that you may be able to apply for after your Australian student visa that will lead to a PR include:
- Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) Visa
- Skilled Nominated (Subclass 190) Visa
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) Employer-Sponsored Visa
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) Employer-Sponsored Visa
Oftentimes, prior work experience may be needed before you are able to apply for the above visas, and in order to acquire that experience, it would be a good idea to attain that through internships while you are on your Australian student visa.
Otherwise, you would also be able to do so by applying for the Subclass 485 Temporary Graduate Visa. Or if you have an employer who would be willing to sponsor you under an approved occupation, you might also be able to apply for the Temporary Skill Shortage (Subclass 482) Visa.
If you are looking to apply for student visas in Australia, the experienced immigration lawyers and migration agents at Think Visa are here to help you from the start till the end, and you will be sure to get the best advice and pathway to an Australian student visa.
Contact us to find out if you are eligible for the employment visa!
Discover The Quickest And Easiest Way For You To Get An Australian Visa In Free 15-Minute Phone Assessment Session (Valued at $300)