The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) helps Australian businesses in regional area of Australia to sponsor overseas skilled workers to live and work permanently in regional areas of Australia.
RSMS visa enjoys great concession than ENS visa however the RSMS visa is subject to cancellation if the employee does not remain in the regional area or working for the employer for a minimum of 2 year.
RSMS visa has 2 streams:
- must be actively operating in Regional Australia located outside the major metropolitan centres of Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong and Melbourne. However ALL of Western Australia, South Australia, ACT, Northern Territory and Tasmania are considered regional.
- provide a job offer for at least 2 years
- the position is being remunerated at a market rate level with the legal award as minimum
- arranges certification by the relevant Regional Certifying Body
The Regional Certifying Bodies
- must certify that the position is in high demand in the regional area, each RCB has their own rules and charges for processing this part of the application which usually take 1 to 2 months
- have a nominated occupation that is on the Medium Long-Term Skill Shortage List (MLTSSL) or Regional Occupation List (ROL)
- be younger than 45 years of age
- has Competent English language ability
- has comparable Australian qualification and/or experience
- undergo formal skills assessment for certain trade occupations
Temporary Residence Transition Stream
If you hold a 457 visa and has worked for your employer for 2 or 3 years in the nominated occupation (dependent on the day application was submitted), then:
- your skills do not need to be assessed
- no regional certification required
- has Vocational English language ability
The benefit of this visa is that it will allow you and any dependent family members’ permanent residency in Australia.
Contact us to find out if you are eligible for the employment visa!
Discover The Quickest And Easiest Way For You To Get An Australian Visa In One 45-Minute Session (Valued at $300)